Since starting graduate school, I have been looking for healthy, easy recipes for my husband and I to eat while on the go. Healthy snacks in the grocery store are just too expensive, but I also don’t want to put junk into my body. It seems like lately everyone around me is getting sick and I am trying to avoid the plague at all costs! I don’t have time to get sick right now… Anyways, I created this recipe as a variation on other raw snacks I have seen on some of my favorite blogs. It has no added sugar, just sweetness from the dates and it is packed with good stuff for you! They are so easy to make and they are quite addicting! I highly recommend trying them out!
- 3/4 cup of almonds
- 3/4 cup of pecans (you could use any type of nuts eg. walnuts or cashews)
- 2 tbs ground flax meal
- 2 tbs hemp hearts
- 2 tbs chia seeds
- 1 cup medjool dates
- 2 tbs coconut oil
- 1 tbs vanilla
- 1 tbs raw cocoa powder
- 1tbs water
1) Put the first five ingredients in your food processor or vitamix and grind until a thick flour forms.
2) Next, take the pits out of the dates and chop into small pieces.
3) Put the remaining five ingredients into the food processor or mix by hand until a thick dough forms.
4) Once well mixed, roll into bite sized balls for the perfect, healthy snack! (store in fridge)